【Important Notice】- Due to a typhoon day-off on September 4, 2023, the start date of the Module Registration, Enrollment in A1 English and Second Foreign Language Courses , and verification of English Credit Exemptions has been postponed.
Due to a typhoon day-off on September 4, 2023, the start date of English credit exemption, module registration, English course additions, and course additions of A1 Second Foreign Language course additions will be postponed to September 5, 2023.
(This notice is for schedule adjustment only. For more details, please refer to , and
- Procedures for A1 Second Foreign Language Course Additions:
1. Students doneed to hand in the Form of Course Additions. For those who want to add a course, please go to the class in person first to obtain permission from the instructor. The number of course additions is limited to five.
2.About course additions, please go to the NCKU Course Information & Enrollment System to check if there are vacancies in the course you would like to join.
- Schedule of Course Enrollment：
A. Phase 3 Course Enrollment: 9:00, September 5 to 17:00, September 8
A.1 For English Module Courses, Online Remedial English, Online English for Graduate Students:
A.1.1. ONLY the following students are eligible for course additions during this period.
(a) New transfer students
(b) Non-freshman students on joint degree programs,
(c) Reenrolling students and deferred students for the 2023-24 academic year
(d) Graduate students admitted after the second stage of course enrollment
(e) Students not eligible for online registration
(f) Noah’s plan short-term visit project students
(g) Enrollment Project for Taiwanese Students Returning from Overseas
A.2 For Second Foreign Language Courses：
Please go to the class directly to ask the instructor for permission to add the course.
- Application for English Credit Exemption:
[Second Phase] Approval by Foreign Language Center- for freshman, continuing, and foreign students
A printout of the application form along with one of the following documents should both be submitted in person to the Foreign Language Center on the second floor of Hsiu-Chi Building on Kuang-fu Campus , 2023 to 5:00 PM, September 15, 2023
- Valid passport (for those from countries where English is an official language).
- Official transcript or school letter with a valid signature that describes the study period and subjects taught in English accounting for more than 50% of the entire subjects (for those who received high school education where English is the instructional language).
- Original English proficiency certificate of GEPT, TOEFL iBT, IELTS, TOEIC, Cambridge Main Suite, BULATS, or Oxford Online Placement Test
- Application for English Modules for second/third/fourth year students:
●First Phase: From 9:00 AM, September 5, 2023 to 5:00 PM, September 6, 2023.
Please take the hard copy of your English certificate/transcript to FLC in person to register for your English module, so that you can choose English class at Phase 3 Course Enrollment: 09:00 on September 11 to 17:00 on September 15.
If new students have not yet received their student ID cards, please bring the paper document of "Student Status" printed out from KUAP and the English certificate/transcript to the Foreign Language Center to register for the module.
(To print the paper document of "Status of Enrollment" in KUAP, please download the "KUAP" (the app of National Cheng Kung University Announcement Platform). After logging in, click "Personal Area" → Click "Student Status", and print the displayed page as an A4-size paper document.)