The continuing education program for foreign languages of the 123rd term
Foreign Language Courses:
- Program objectives: The continuing education program aims for providing (non)students with an efficient environment to learn foreign languages.
- Eligible students: Graduates from senior high school/vocational schools or those holding a diploma equivalent to high school.
- This term starts from May 4 to June 11, 2020.
- The class meets twice a week. Each meeting has two 50-minute classes; each term has six weeks with 24 classes in total.
- Please refer to the class schedules for the course titles.
- Class location: Classrooms in Hsiu-Chi Building on Kuangfu Campus
- Facilities: Four audio-visual language labs, four classrooms, and two self-learning multimedia rooms
- Tuition fees:
- Foreign language courses: $ 4,200 NTD/per person (textbooks and teaching materials not included)
- GRE course: $ 8,000 NTD/per person (textbooks and teaching materials not included)
- NCKU students, faculty members, and staff (including their dependents) receive a 20% tuition fee discount. That is, $3,360 for any foreign language course and $6,400 for the GRE course. NCKU students, faculty, and staff are required to provide a NCKU ID card; their dependents shall provide relevant documents such as R.O.C. citizenship ID cards or household registries to receive the discounts.
- Returning students of the Center are eligible for a 10% tuition fee discount with the course registration card. That is, $3,780 for any foreign language course and $7,200 for the GRE course. New students registering two courses in the same term is also given a 10% tuition fee discount on the second course.
- In addition to cash and on-line transfer (see Item 9 below), payment can be made by postal order, with the payee of "National Cheng Kung University." The postal order along with the registration form and a two-inch photos shall be mailed to the Center: No.1, University Road, Tainan City 701, Taiwan (R.O.C.).
- Registration dates and payment methods:
- By cash: First fill the application form at the Foreign Language Center and take the stamped form to pay the tuition at the Cashier Division of the University by April 22, 2020. To complete the registration process, the receipt issued by the Cashier Division shall be returned to the Center, along with the application form.
- By mail: Mail the postal order with the application form by a registered mail to the Center by April 22, 2020.
- Online: Please go to http://nckustory.ncku.edu.tw/resweb to register by April 22, 2020.
- The Center reserve the rights to offer or cancel courses. Registers will receive a full refund due to insufficient enrollment.
- Those who cannot attend the courses due to illnesses or military services are permitted to apply for full refunds with relevant documents. Other refund conditions are processed according to Article 17 of the Implementation Regulations Governing Junior Colleges Continuing Education established by the Ministry of Education.
- Students who complete the courses with passing grades will receive a certificate of completion for the non-credit continuing education program. Students who are absent or take leaves for more than four times (i.e., eight hours) cannot receive a certificate of completion.
- Students are not allowed to request for changing classes or schedules, once the student enrollment list is made and announced.
- The classes are not open for auditors or trials.
- Each course has limited quota of students. Registration is closed when the class is full. All registrations are proceeded in the order of applications received in person or according to the date on the postal stamp).
- Students are notified by email and text message three to four days before the starting date of the upcoming courses. The Students ID card and the receipt will be distributed to the individual students in the class.
- The starting date of foreign language courses of the 121th term is scheduled for November 11, 2019. Registration by mail begins in late September, 2019.
Please note that without filling in all required details in the registration form may result in failure of registration.