【Notice】Enrollment in A1 English and Second Foreign Language Courses FALL Semester of the 2023-24 Academic Year
Notice from the Foreign Language Center at NCKU
Enrollment in A1 English and Second Foreign Language Courses
FALL Semester of the 2023-24 Academic Year
I. Procedures for A1 Second Foreign Language Course Additions:
1. Students do NOT need to hand in the Form of Course Additions. For those who want to add a course, please go to the class in person first to obtain permission from the instructor. The number of course additions is limited to five.
2. Students are allowed to choose the same level of different foreign languages, but not different levels of the same language.
3. Students are allowed to take a maximum of two courses for different second foreign languages each semester. If students fail to choose their second foreign language courses online, they may obtain permissions for a maximum of two courses. Students may not choose different levels of the same language.
4. About course additions, please go to the NCKU Course Information & Enrollment System to check if there are vacancies in the course you would like to join.
■ If so, please enroll the course via the NCKU Course Information & Enrollment System from 09:00, September 11 to 17:00, September 15.
■ If not, please go to the class in person to obtain permission from the instructor from September 4 to 17:00, September 15.
5. If actual courses are permitted at the first three weeks of the semester, please go to the class in person to obtain course addition permission from the instructor.
6. The Foreign Language Center will NOT assist students in withdrawing from second foreign language courses. If students want to withdraw from the second foreign language courses, please withdraw from the courses online via the NCKU Course Information & Enrollment System from September 22.
II. Schedule of Course Enrollment：
- Phase 3 Course Enrollment: 9:00, September 4 to 17:00, September 8
A.1 For English Module Courses, Online Remedial English, Online English for Graduate Students:
A.1.1. ONLY the following students are eligible for course additions during this period.
(a) New transfer students
(b) Non-freshman students on joint degree programs,
(c) Reenrolling students and deferred students for the 2023-24 academic year
(d) Graduate students admitted after the second stage of course enrollment
(e) Students not eligible for online registration
(f) Noah’s plan short-term visit project students
(g) Enrollment Project for Taiwanese Students Returning from Overseas
A.2 For Second Foreign Language Courses：
Please go to the class directly to ask the instructor for permission to add the course.
- Phase 3 Course Enrollment: 09:00 on September 11 to 17:00 on September 15
All the following A1 Language courses are open for students to add or drop online during this period, including: English Module Courses, Second Foreign Language Courses, Online Remedial English, and Online English for Graduate Students
- Phase 3 Adjustment Period: 09:00 on September 18 to 17:00 on September 21
Any addition to or withdrawal from the above A1 Language Courses must be processed by the staff, please come to the Foreign Language Center. For additions to English Module Courses or Second Foreign Language Courses, students are only allowed to be added to the classes with vacancies.
III. Application for English Credit Exemption:
Please be noted that student identity determines the channel for application. Applications must be made through the proper channels.
- For freshman, continuing, and foreign students
- [First Phase] Application ONLINE:
Applications for credit exemptions shall be filed online via the Confirmation of Foreign Language Competence System (https://eagle.english.ncku.edu.tw/) from 9:00 AM, August 1, 2023 to 5:00 PM, September 15, 2023.
The wavier qualifications for students enrolled in/after the 2017-18 academic year differ from those for students enrolled in/before the 2016-17 academic year (especially for the scores on the TOEFL iBT, TOEIC, and OOPT); therefore, choose the qualifications applicable to the academic year of your admission. Any untrue or insufficient applications require re-submission.
- [Second Phase] Approval by Foreign Language Center：
A printout of the application form along with one of the following documents should both be submitted in person to the Foreign Language Center on the second floor of Hsiu-Chi Building on Kuang-fu Campus from 9:00 AM, September 4, 2023 to 5:00 PM, September 15, 2023.
i. Valid passport (for those from countries where English is an official language).
ii. Official transcript or school letter with a valid signature that describes the study period and subjects taught in English accounting for more than 50% of the entire subjects (for those who received high school education where English is the instructional language).
iii. Original English proficiency certificate of GEPT, TOEFL iBT, IELTS, TOEIC, Cambridge Main Suite, BULATS, or Oxford Online Placement Test.
Please go to the Confirmation of Foreign Language Competence System (https://eagle.english.ncku.edu.tw/) to check the results of your credit exemption application after your submission to the Foreign Language Center.
- For transfer and returning students
- System for application: Course Credit Waiver System (Not for Department Transfer Student) https://nckustory.ncku.edu.tw/credit/index.php
- Duration of Application: Please refer to the above website (ONLINE)
- Steps for application: Log in to the system to apply for English credits waiver and upload your credentials.
IV. Application for English Modules for second/third/fourth year students:
●First Phase: From 9:00 AM, September 4, 2023 to 5:00 PM, September 5, 2023.
Please take the hard copy of your English certificate/transcript to FLC in person to register for your English module, so that you can choose English class at Phase 3 Course Enrollment: 09:00 on September 11 to 17:00 on September 15.
●Second Phase: From 9:00 AM, October 2, 2023 to 5:00 PM, December 29, 2023.
Please take the hard copy of your English certificate/transcript to FLC in person to register for your English module, so that you can choose English class next semester.
Note: Please take the hard copy. Images that show only fragments of the certificate/transcript or print-screened transcripts will NOT be accepted.
For more information, please go to the FLC website or contact Ms. Tsai at 06-2757575#52273.