Call for Papers
English as a Global Language Education (EaGLE) journal is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal that welcomes submissions from around the world. EaGLE aims to publish original research reports, theoretical works, and comprehensive and updated literature reviews. In today's globalized age, English has become an international language (EIL) in cross-cultural communication, and a lingua franca (ELF) among speakers and writers who do not have the same native language in professional and academic settings. What kind of English should learners use to achieve success in these contexts? How should language policies be reshaped to better meet the demands of this new era? How can teacher preparation/training programs help practitioners acquire adequate language teaching skills and knowledge for the new contexts? How can learners' needs best be incorporated in educational settings? How will course materials and curricula be designed and evaluations conducted to reflect the interests of learners, parents, teachers, and administrators? What do cross-disciplinary studies have to say about language acquisition and learning? To what extent have corpus studies advanced English language education? What can technology offer learners with regard to more efficient learning? This scholarly journal serves as a platform for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas on these and other issues.
Suggested topics of works to be published in the journal are as follows:
Author Guidelines for Contributors to the EaGLE Journal :
1. Language of the Journal: manuscripts must be written in good English that international readers can understand.
2. Manuscript Style: APA (Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. 6th ed., 2010). For frequently asked questions about APA style, please consult the APA Web Site.
3. Manuscript Length: 5,000~8,000 words, including appendix, acknowledgement, references, notes, figures, and tables.
4. Manuscript Format: (a) typewritten, double-spaced throughout (including bibliography, notes, citation, figures, and tables); use a 1.5-inch left margin, and 1 inch elsewhere; (b) refer to your own previous publications in the third person, and thus not “as I said in...,” but “as Chen (2012) argued...”; (c) refer to an institution where the study was conducted or where the author teaches as“Institution X” during the refereeing process, to retain anonymity; and (d) all electronic submissions must be formatted for American, letter-sized paper (8½ × 11 inches) using 12-point font and in MS Word, WordPerfect, or RTF (rich text format).
5. Submission Requirements:
- Manuscripts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Author guidelines are available on the Journal website.
- The manuscript should include a 200-230 word abstract.
- Authors should also list up to five keywords with their submissions.
- Once an article is accepted for publication, authors will be asked to pay the publication fee of NTD$ 2,200.
If you have any questions concerning the submission of your manuscript to EaGLE journal, please email to email@example.com
English as a Global Language Education (EaGLE) journal is edited by Shin-Mei Kao, Editor-in-Chief, with two Editors: Hui-Tzu Min and Wenli Tsou, and an international advisory editorial board. EaGLE journal is published twice a year by the Foreign Language Center, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan.